We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nesting


I guess I'm going through what all expectant mother's go through...nesting. It's really all I can do, since we are just waiting. Waiting for our court date to arrive (June 9th, please pray we pass!), waiting for any new information: an update, a new photo....we are, in fact, still waiting for all of the above. It's hard to wait.

But I have had a bit of fun in the mean time....working on the bedroom that Em and Des will share. That's where the majority of the nesting comes in. Em had been sleeping in the child's daybed stage of the convertible crib, so we knew she would have to transition out of that. Des will have to sleep in the crib. We felt like sooner would be better so that she didn't feel that this new baby took her bed. So we found some good deals on a twin bed and mattresses. She transitioned seamlessly into her new bed and is totally "on board"with giving her old one to Des. Thank you, God!


I've also been getting the room more personalized for the sisters. I love this part of it, and it really helps me feel like I am getting ready to have Des here with us. I found some letters to spell her name that are in the exact same font as the ones we've had for Em since she was born.


So, nesting is really all I can do at this point. So I'll just keep nesting...and waiting. It's really so close now, I can hardly believe it. I just noticed that I'm blogging about nesting and the theme of the girls' room is owls...how appropriate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the big sis/little sis owls. too cute!