We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Moment.....

....I've been waiting for!

Last night I slept....IN MY BED!!!!!!

IN MY ROOM!

NEXT TO MY HUSBAND!

It was a risky move. Was it too soon???
[not for me! 6 1/2 weeks without a good night of sleep...need I say more?]

I took the plunge....
...and slept!!! Ahhh, glorious!

[The girls did wake up at 4:30 and I had to go in and tell them to go back to sleep...it only took a minute or two. They were up for good a 6:30...too early, but worth a night in my own personal paradise....my bed! ]

5 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

we're so happy for you guys! i'm typing w/ one hand Seth while i read this entry aloud to Crystal who's nursing Elliot. love you guys!

Stacy W. said...

Now that is a triumph!!

Unknown said...

So awesome!!! That is a huge milestone for your family. Sleep! Glorious sleep!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Sleep is awesome!!!

Mama Crazy Sauce said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! And if/when you figure out how to get them to sleep past 6:30am, let me know. Ephrem's up between 6:15 and 6:45 every day. I could use tips. ;)