We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Heellloooo!!

I'm still here! Took a little blogging break for a while. Stay tuned for a Desi-centric blog post about wrapping up our first year home!

I just wanted to show you something that I've been working on! You may remember from this post that I've begun to fancy myself a bit of a furniture-restorer-type. I'm falling in love with reupholstering old treasures and turning them into something new, fresh and wonderful. Well, I'm broadening my horizons! Here's what I took on...

I found this not-so-little treasure at the Goodwill Store by my office...

Awfully pretty as-is wouldn't you say? Look at the original hardware!!! Seriously!
But I wanted more for this piece. It needed a makeover. So I downloaded an ebook from a wonderful blog that I happened upon called Perfectly Imperfect.
(I believe I discovered it through Pinterest...have you heard of it? My new addiction!)

So, with a little bit of elbow grease and a lot of sweat (it's hotter than Hades here in Indiana) I managed to transform this piece into this.....

Drum Roll Please!

I picked the color, Roycroft Pewter, from my favorite paint place, Sherwin Williams...LOVE my SW!

I'm telling you, I feel like a proud mama. I think it really turned out nice. I'm selling it by the way...on Craig's. You might wonder why I wouldn't keep it for myself? It was never my intention. I'll be sad to see her go, but it's meant to be. I have nowhere in my house for her anyway!

So that's it! That's what I've been doing while not-blogging. I do promise to give you a recap of our first year with Desi...soon.

Love,
S

PS: stay tuned because there's a new blog in my future...less about the Poe Fam and more about design, refurbs, yada, yada, yada. I hope you'll follow it!

No comments: