We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer's winding down..

Well, summer is winding down. (I must say, I'm ready. Ready for fall and pumpkins and mums...but that's another subject entirely.) It's been a great summer. We've loved swimming at the neighborhood pool and all the fun that summer offers. Here are a few of the last pictures of summer....

I love Em in these pics...her cute leggies.
(so plump. don't you just wish you reach over and squeeze them?
Thank God I get to squeeze them every day!)
She's sure to be walking soon, and soon enough we'll be trading in that baba for a big girl sippy cup. The time goes by so fast.
(thanks Gam and Papaw for this adorable outfit!)

Big girl dinner. She's done with babyfood, so we're on to the big girl stuff. This looks like it might have been spaghetti.

(by the way, I'm looking for suggestions on good foods for this age. Anyone out there want to share a favorite suggestion?)

Stylish in mommie's sunnies....

They look pretty good on boys too....

J started preschool today. This is him in his classroom. In the background you can see the class pets...2 turtles named Addie and Louie. He is SO EXCITED about the turtles. He couldn't wait to start school. I'm sure he'll miss his good old buddies from his previous school, but I'm sure he'll be making new friends with that natural ease kids have with one another.

This is his teacher Mrs. Michelle. The main thing he had to say about Mrs. Michelle today is that she was wearing a different shirt than at back to school night. Observant.

They grow up so fast...too fast.

2 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Such sweeties!!! LOVE the sunglasses pics (what is it with sunglasses anyway - kids gravitate toward them for some reason, but only if they aren't THEIR sunglasses). And yes, we'll definitely have to play hookie one day and go do some fun girly-adult stuff - I can't even imagine what a restaurant without a playground looks like!!! Love ya!

Shannon said...

Aweee!! Jakey!! I am sure going to miss seeing you guys...I know S will too. So keep me posted on everything. I am very jealous ya know ;)! And I know we are Shannon Sisters or Sister Shannons or something, because I LOVE fall too...colors, pumpkins, weather, mums. You're a good friend Shannie!