We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Now that all the birthday festivities are behind us, I can organize my photos and post some of the highlights of Em's 1st birthday.
It was quite eventful. First we went out to lunch with our good friend, Beth, who helps me out with the kids a lot. They just love Beth.
This cute face is actually Em watching a Backyardigan's DVD in Beth's minivan.
The evening of Em's birthday, Cold Stone was give out free ice cream. It was a gorgeous evening, so we grabbed some yummy ice cream and went to check out the park where we would hold her birthday party the next night. She loved her birthday treat!
(I have a video of it to post in the near future.)


The next evening we celebrated a triple birthday. Em's sweet twin cousins have their birthday the day after Em's. Lot's of sweet girly birthday parties for years to come!

Jenni made these adorable cupcakes to serve at the party. She even coordinated the icing colors to match our decorations!! Move over Martha Stewart!

I loved these tissue paper pompoms that Jenni found. We hand assembled them to hang in the picnic area of the park. They were so cute! I hung them over Em's bed when we got home.

Em and Papaw at the party.

(I love the fun stuff you can do with your photos on Google Picasa 2)

Birthday girl hat.

Em playing on a blanket with her friend Lilly. Family Pic...I liked how this pic turned out. I just wish we could have torn J away from the playground and Blake to join us for the shot.

I promise I have some cute video to post of her first birthday milestones. I'll get them up asap.

1 comment:

The Liller Family said...

Love em, Love em, Love em!!! I might have to check out that Google Picassa thing though, that is a really cool effect!!!

BTW, Blake was totally bummed the kids didn't come home to play with us!!!