We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Be a Blessing.

A little over a week ago we got to be a part of something amazing....along with our brothers and sisters at The Well, we gave away a car. Through a series of events, we were able donate our Saturn sedan to The Well. (It had been a great car...reliable. And thanks to a very generous mechanic who gave sacrificially of his own time to fix the car up, it should continue to be a reliable car for it's new owner.)

Jesus taught us that in His Kingdom, we take care of one another when needs exist among us. We wanted to bless someone in our community with this car, so we asked our friend Elaine from Healthy Families of Hamilton Co. if she knew of anyone who really needed a vehicle. That's how we were connected with a great mom who lives here in our community who really needed a way to get to work and get her kids to daycare.

We decided to surprise her by meeting her for breakfast and presenting her with this car. It was a great moment...maybe a little strange for her when a group of strangers showed up to her breakfast with Elaine and gave her a car but she truly seemed blessed and so thankful. We gave her the car and then ate breakfast with her and her 2 little sweeties.

We hope to maintain contact with her in the future. I don't know if this mom knows Christ, but I do know that she has at least met him in a group of strangers who crashed her breakfast and showed her His love in a tangible way with no strings attached.
I know we can't always give away cars, but there are needs all around us, needs that we as disciples of Christ must be seeking out and meeting. It's what Jesus calls us to do so that His will may be done "on earth as it is in Heaven." Be a blessing. ~S


2 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Yes! [Ah]

The Liller Family said...

So proud of you! My humanness often gets the best of me and then I see something like this and it helps me refocus. The really human side of me says "cool, you have a new car so now you can sell this one and pay some stuff off, or buy something new or whatever" but the part of me who strives to the hands and feet of Jesus says "see? look what you can do for someone who needs more than you!" And there will always be someone who has less than we do, so thank you for this story and I hope that the opportunity to "Be A Blessing" comes soon for me!

Oh yeah - in case I forget to tell you every week - you're a blessing to me! Love ya & I'll see ya Wednesday!