We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Monday, June 7, 2010

As Wednesday and our court appointment near, I am feeling so anxious. This was a big court week for our agency....11 families will have court before the week is out! Praise God today, 4 out of 4 families that had court passed on the first try! This is wonderful news, especially for those precious children who are now officially adopted into loving families. As I watched the discussion forums online, there was so much joy and encouragement...I hope that this will be the same way on Wednesday, when myself and 5 other BCS families will have our cases heard.

And yet, a close friend who is also on this journey learned today that her family will have to wait longer....they now await their 5th court date. I can't understand it. I am praying for their family because I know that their hearts are hurting. It's so hard to wait.


I won't lie...MY HOPES ARE UP! WAY UP! I know that it would not be unusual to hear on Wednesday that our court appointment has been rescheduled...I will come crashing down! But I know that whether it's pure joy or anguish this week, that God is there for me, along with a lot of other people who love us and are praying us through this!

I really don't think that it's about God's favor for us at this point....to believe that would be to insinuate that those who don't pass somehow are not in His favor? I know that's not right. So I just believe that it is His timing...which I don't always understand, but still, He knows what He's doing.

Last year for Mother's Day I got a beautiful hand-made bracelet, with charms of the initials J and E...my little treasures.
I knew, last year that it was missing a charm, I just didn't know who that charm would represent. So a couple of weeks ago, I sent the bracelet back and had Desalee's charm added. Now it's complete. And it's a reminder to pray for her and for J and E whenever I wear it. It also reminds me to be grateful for the blessing of my kids. I love them so!Thank you to everyone who's been praying...keep it up for Wednesday! Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead of us...so start early!!

No comments: