We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Update....finally!

Yay! We finally received our long-awaited update on Desi! We've been asking and waiting for quite a while! It turns out that her social worker in Ethiopia got married and went on vacation!
So we have some new info on her....she's growing! She has gained a little over 2lbs in the 3+ months that she's been in the orphanage in Addis! Praise God! The report also indicates that she is thriving and healthy and doing great! ....Just needs her mommy and daddy to come and get her!
There were some wonderful pictures in the update too! (I'm not sure if I'm really suppose to post pics on here, so I'll hold off until I know for sure it's okay....sorry! You are really missing out because she is B-E-A-utiful!) The sweetest thing is that one of the pictures has her surrounded by the stuff we sent her in her care package! And one pic shows her in the lap of one of the nannies looking at a picture of Jakie from the photo album we sent her! My eyes welled up when I saw that she was looking at pictures of her new family! (Eyes welling up again....) The report said that she loves looking at the photos!


We are still hoping to travel in mid-July...keep praying that we get our Embassy date on the 20th!
Other Notables:
  • We got round 1 of our travel vaccines....ouch! We both had a very sore arm for about 4 days! Round 2 this Friday!
  • Sandy, Jenni, and Nannie (Joyce) are so graciously throwing me a baby shower on Saturday, so I am so excited for that!

So, I'm as happy as a clam today! Took J and Em to the pool this morning which is so much fun! The kids are doing awesome in the water this year! Loving summer! Yipee!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shannon that is awesome! Has she changed at all? Can you email me the pictures? I want to see her! How much does she weigh! Email me if you can!!!! I am sooo happy for you guys!