We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Less than 1 week until Court!

We are less than one week out from our first scheduled court date! I am so anxious, I can't wait for it to get here! I've been surfing around on some online forums for our adoption agency...browsing the conversations about various adoption and travel related topics. It may be hurting more than helping. Aside from being more obsessed with the discussion boards than I am with Facebook (if that's even possible) I'm getting some good info, but at the same time, it gets me balled up in a bundle of nerves!
I did figure out through the forums that if we pass court on the 9th, then our Embassy date will likely/hopefully be July 20th. It looks like most families travel the Thursday before and come home the Thursday after. It's good to have an idea of when we'll be travelling. Another source of stress? The immense cost of airfare to Ethiopia this time of year! YOWZA!!! I think I need to sell a few more kitchens!
It also looks like there are about 10-11 other families with court dates on our within a day or so of the 9th, so these will be the families that we travel with (if we pass court). I hope that the forums are a way to get to know these people a little better....we are going to be sharing one of the most amazing experiences of our lives with them, afterall!

1 comment:

Stacy W. said...

So excited for you guys!!!