We are The Poe's. Now a family of 5 through adoption. Here's a peek into our lives. Welcome!


________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Emily Crawls

From previous posts, you know that Emily has been doing push-ups and getting ready to crawl fora while now. Well, last week (on Mother's Day, aw.) she finally managed to go forward! Thus, SHE CAN CRAWL! Her first efforts were less than graceful (no pun intended), but day by day she's improving. Here she is after a week. Take a look....

I know this starts a whole new chapter in parenting 202 for us, but you can't help but be proud and cheer her on as she tries so hard! So I guess it will soon be time to break out the baby gates, de-accessorize my coffee table, put locks on all the cabinets and maintain a constant watch for anything on the floor I don't want in her mouth. I'm tired just thinking about it! But non-the-less I'm so proud of our baby girl! Way to go Em. WAY TO GO!

5 comments:

The Ousley Family said...

Emily called me. She told me that she is distraught because she has forgotten her Auntie Erin's face and needs to see me immediately. What are you gonna do about this?

The Liller Family said...

Yayyyyy Emily!!! We know you've been trying so hard, so congratulations! Blake just watched you and says he wants you to come to his house with Jake! See you soon!!!

The Ingraldi Family said...

I love watching Emily's new milestones. I reminds me of what is coming up next with Ava.

The Nichols' Family said...

First of all I love that you call her Em...so cute. It is amazing how we jump with joy as they reach each milestone, but then we have to sit back and remind ourselves of what we are really getting into. Motherhood is filled with such great adventures (smile). Congrats Emily....

Anonymous said...

Congrats Emily! You look just like your Mommy! Beautiful! Keep on truckin' girl! Get into those "pretties"! I miss those days! Love, Ali